Thursday, June 27, 2013

Ruah in Rua: Is it all a matter of the Spirit?



Pilgrims enjoying the shade in front of the Municipal Building, Pino.

As I walked into town for Mass at Saint Eulalia Parish, more commonly called the Church of the Conch because it has a giant painted shell overlooking the sanctuary  I realized I am not staying in O Pino proper but a small village beside it:  Rua.  I could not help but be drawn to the first book of the Bible which speak of the Ruah as a the life giving Spirit.  Isn't that what all of us are receiving on the Camino?  A newness of life?



These little lambs were literally in a garden in town.


I actually ended up concelebrating two Masses.  The first was in Italian and the following one was in Spanish.  I guess it was just the sheer numbers who are in town but the church was pretty filled for both celebrations.  It was great especially the Italian.



Church of Saint Eulalia, Pino.

On the way home I got my orange for dinner then got my clean clothes and paid my bill.  I want a fresh start in the morning.  If I can be walking by 6:15 that would be awesome.  It appears that the weather will also be glorious.  I am, of course, expecting muchos peregrinos!


Easy to see while it's referred to the Church of the Conch.


Here's to the life giving Spirit!
Here's to the way of St. James!




Penitent going to Confession before Mass.



No comments:

Post a Comment