Saturday, June 15, 2013

Living in Leon



Church of St. Mark, Leon

While I am only here for two nights I could easily see pending much more time here.   In fact I will be back on July first as I return from Santiago - by train, of course!.   The lifestyle is both lively and relaxed.  They also marry well city living (all be it small) and nature with its many parks and plazas.



The Five Star Parador Hotel, Leon
Formerly a pilgrims' hostal and Knights' Headquarters


I can also honestly say I have never seen so many people on the streets for just regular weekend evening going for meals and such.  It reminded me of Rome on the feast of the Epiphany when Roman walk and visit.


A couple taking Wedding Pictures in front of the Cathedral.
(I must have seen 8-10 couples do the same).


Leon had several other cultural sights as well.  The extra day's rest also made me happy.  Tomorrow I want to leave around six for a full day's walk before stopping for Sunday dinner and rest.   It is also forecast as a hot one.




Statue of St. James.  Cathedral Cloister.

No comments:

Post a Comment